Audio Mecca Music Shop is owned and run by musicians.
Jaq (the owner) started playing guitar in 1991 and never looked back.
His passion for music grew over the years and he added a few instruments to his toolkit like the Bass Guitar and Drums.
In 2000 Jaq got thrown into the deep end at the Club where he was a barman and had to fill in for the sound engineer who had to leave before the band’s set even started!!!
Just like that Jaq’s interest in Live Sound Production sparked and his focus expanded from being on stage to being behind the scenes.
Within no time he established himself as one of the top Live Sound Engineers in South Africa.
He worked as the in-house Sound Engineer at The Nile Crocodile from 2000 until they closed down and then at Club Zanzibar until they closed down.
Jaq started freelancing as a Sound Engineer shortly after and worked with many great local and international bands/ artists predominantly in South Africa but also in our neighboring countries and Europe.
He bought Audio Mecca Music Shop from a close friend, who had too much on his plate to give the shop the attention it deserves and is expanding the business to match his expertise
Furthermore, they will walk the extra mile to find whatever you are looking for, should they not have the item(s) you want in stock.
Aftersales service is also very important and they will help you with whatever problems you might experience. Be it setting up a guitar or showing you how to operate the new digital mixing desk you acquired and much more.
What we offer:
- We stock musical instruments, DJ equipment, sound equipment, lighting and much more.
- We also give music lessons: Guitar, piano/keyboard, vocals, drums and bass guitar.
- We’ll be opening our recording studio soon where musicians, artists and bands can come and record their music at affordable rates.
- Our music students will get an hour long recording session every three months where they will be recording a song of their choice. A “behind the scenes” video will also be included.
- We build (custom built) and fix musical instruments in our workshop, and we also do repairs on just about any electronic device (including amplifiers, speakers etc).
- We also do guitar setups and services.
- We also provide backline (drums, amps, keyboards etc), sound and lighting for small to medium sized events.
- If we do not have what you are looking for, we can place a special order for you from our suppliers and have your order in store between one and 5 working days.